Benefits of therapeutic horseback riding
Hannah's Horseshoes of Hope
Thanks to all for a wonderful Fall and Winter session 2013! Our 10-week Spring 2014 Riding Session will be:
March 22 - June 10.
Check out our schedule and come join us!!!
To Ride or Volunteer (Remember all volunteers get free riding lessons)
The benefits of therapeutic horseback riding can be seen at Hannah’s Horseshoes of Hope. We are an equine(horse)-assisted therapy center for
children and adults with physical, cognitive and emotional disabilities, serving the Red River/Texoma Region of North Texas and South-Eastern Oklahoma.
We have had numerous students over the years, all ages 3 to 65+ years old,
from all walks of life, and many different issues or disabilities. Our certified
instructors challenge each student to learn something new every time they come,
whether it is learning to brush and saddle their horse or practicing posting to
build balance and strength.
There are many benefits of therapeutic horseback riding for those with and
without special needs. Many beyond just the physical benefits; riders improve
their self-esteem, focus and independence while interacting with trained
volunteers, professional certified instructors and other riders.
The entire experience is encouraged, including horse care; brushing,
saddling or unsaddling the horse can contribute to the building of a strong
relationship between horse and rider. Social interaction can be improved, even
with non-verbal students thru interaction with the horses, certified
instructors, volunteers and other clients.
The 4 main areas that can be influenced by therapeutic riding
— The rhythm of the horse moves the body in a way similar to the human
gait, thereby improving gross and fine motor skills, balance, muscle
control, posture, flexibility, and coordination. Riding can also
provide cardiovascular benefits by raising the rider's heart rate.
—Time in the saddle can increase the student's concentration, help the
rider to articulate emotions, and can develop a student's sense of
— Equitherapy provides an opportunity for each student to bond with the
horse, instructors, and volunteers, establishing trust. This can be
effective in calming emotive outbursts and reinforcing appropriate
behavior. By establishing a noncompetitive setting in which to learn
something new, client self-confidence is often greatly improved.
— Disabled riders can begin to experience independence, often for the
first time in their lives. They become part of a team, developing
skills in a recognized sport, and the resulting self-esteem and pride of
accomplishment are things they can take back into their own worlds.
For more details on all the benefits of therapeutic horseback riding
HHH offers a variety of programs including private and group lessons, camps
and even customized sessions for specific organizations and groups.
Founded in 2002 by Janice and Clayton Mills, Hannah’s is named for their
granddaughter, Hannah Sue - daughter of Steve and Jolene Mills - who was
born with Down Syndrome.
- Angels on Horseback - NEWS & SCHEDULE
- We consider our riders to be Angels on Horseback and this is where you can find out the News and our schedule at HHH
- Name a Pony, Change a Life
- Name a Pony, Change a Life - There is a new face at Hannah's Horseshoes of Hope. With her wise eyes comically complemented by a mane of black wisps that refuses to do anything but stand upright,
- Fannin County Community Christmas Party at HHH
- Fannin County Community Christmas Party at Hannah's Horseshoes of Hope. There will be hayrides, games, hands on with horses, ornament making, raffle prizes, photo with Holiday Horse and MUCH more....
- Trends in Physical Therapy - Become a Student at HHH
- Trends in physical therapy are showing that there are great benefits to be found in therapeutic riding.
- Local Volunteer Work
- Looking to find local volunteer work? While there are many volunteers organizations, how many of them give you horse jobs or the opportunity to work with special needs?
- Need Donation - Help us reach 1,000 Donors
- Need Donation - Help us reach 1,000 Donors, we have just started this drive and are on our way.
- Golf Texas Tournament
- Golf Texas Tournament at Stone Creek Country Club in Sherman TX, to benefit Hannah's Horseshoes of Hope
- HHH's Horse Jobs
- All of the horses at HHH have very important horse jobs, helping us reach those with special needs.
- Horseback Riding Lessons
- Horseback Riding Lessons are available at Triple H, Hannah's Horseshoes of Hope in Bonham, Texas, serving all of Fannin County.
- Pricing for all of HHH services, including therapy riding lessons, general riding lessons, mini pony visit to schools and nursing homes.
- Charity Child Sponsor
- We need you to be a charity child sponsor. Please scroll thru our and find a student you would like to sponsor.
- Contact Us
- Contact us - Hannah's Horseshoes of Hope
- Therapeutic Riding Centers - Staff
- Therapeutic Riding Centers - Staff of Hannah's Horseshoes of Hope is comprised of mostly volunteers.